srzweibel (at) gmail (dot) com
Hunter College: Visiting Lecturer
- Planned, built, and deployed a mobile, responsive library catalog for CUNY+, including custom API
- Developed a web application to track and analyze reference data (frequency, length, and nature of questions) to inform personnel and resource management; in use across Hunter College Library system
- Wrote a macro to automate catalog record deletion, saving thousands of hours of cataloging labor
- Provide reference research service to graduates and undergraduates at the Health Professions Library
- Teach information literacy classes to nursing students on search strategy, Medline, CINAHL, APA, Refworks, Zotero
- Co-chair, LACUNY Emerging Technologies Committee
Adjunct Reference Librarian
Sep. 2010-Oct. 2012
- Developed and piloted an RFID book inventory solution, using a programmable microcontroller
New York University: Adjunct Reference/Cataloging/Virtual Reference Librarian
Sep. 2010-Jan. 2013
- Provide reference service to students, faculty, and staff at Bobst Library
- Answer virtual reference questions via email, IM, and text
- Created original catalog records for the Tamiment Library collection of rare radical literature
- Generated original and complex copy catalog records of works written in English, French, German, & Spanish
Columbia University: Intern, Special Collections Metadata and Cataloging
Nov. 2009-Aug. 2010
- Designed project to reclaim ‘lost’ items in collections, wrote instructional documents for implementation
- Generated original and copy catalog records for the Gillette collection of rare 17th and 18th century pamphlets
- Cataloged the Avery Library’s collection of architectural literature
Queens Library (Broadway Branch): Page
- Sorted and shelved various library materials according to Dewey Decimal Classification
- Recovered items requested by patrons at other branches of the library system for ILL
Master of Arts in Liberal Studies, Specializing in Digital Humanities, CUNY Graduate Center
Expected Graduation 2015
- Exploring the intersection between computational methods and humanities inquiry
MSLIS, Palmer School of Long Island University
- Selected Coursework: Information Literacy Instruction, Online Information Retrieval Technology, Metadata, Website Architecture, Statistics
Bachelor of Liberal Arts, St. John's College, Santa Fe
- Rigorous collaborative study of primary source material in Western philosophy, mathematics, science (including laboratory work), and literature
- Emphasis on critical thinking and analysis; evaluations based on essay writing, constructive class discussion, and oral examination
- Library Research sessions for Nursing 702: Nursing Research
- Information Literacy sessions for Nursing 700: Foundations of Nursing Science
- Information Literacy sessions for Nursing 380: Undergraduate Nursing Research
Publications & Presentations
- Zweibel, S., & Lane, Z. (2012). Probing the Effects of Policy Changes by Evaluating Circulation Activity Data at Columbia University Libraries, The Serials Librarian, 63(1), 17–27.
- Zweibel, S. (2013). Augur for Reference Desk Statistics. Presented at METRO Reference SIG, September 2013, New York, NY.
- Zweibel, S. (2013). Building a Library Catalog API. Presented at METRO Code4Lib SIG, April 2013, New York, NY.
- Zweibel, S., Davis, R. C., Tidal, J., & Verbovetskaya, A. (2013, December 6). Life with Pi: Microcomputing in academia. Presented at CUNY 12th Annual IT Conference, New York, NY. Handout available at http://robincamille.com/jj/cunyit/handout.pdf.
- Zweibel, S., & Stevens, G. (2014). DH Box: A Computer Lab in the Cloud. Presented at Hunter ACERT, May 2014, New York, NY.
- Zweibel, S., Gold, M., & Smyth, P. (2014, December). DH Box: A Push-Button Computer Lab. Presented at CUNY 13th Annual IT Conference, New York, NY.
- Zweibel, S., Gold, M., Smyth, P., & Cooney, C. (2015, January). DH Box: A Push-Button Computer Lab. Presented at METRO Annual Conference 2015, New York, NY.
- Web Technologies:
- XML, JSON, CSS
- CMSs and Digital Repositories:
- WordPress, Drupal, Omeka, Blackboard
- Database Management:
- MySQL, PostgreSQL, Access
- MS Office, Adobe Photoshop, Dreamweaver
- Library Management Systems
- Ex Libris Aleph, OCLC Connexion, OCLC EZproxy, Voyager
- Dublin Core, RDA, MODS, MARC21, AACR2
- French (Intermediate), Ancient Greek (Reading)
Member ALA, ACLR